Saturday, October 27, 2007

A New York Minute


(Amy) Dave and I made our first trip to New York City this weekend and it was great! We went down after work Friday planning to go to an evening session at the temple. Our plans were quickly changed when we ended up in the most horrendous traffic I have ever seen! When we realized the traffic had upset our temple plans for the evening, we decided to head straight to Ben and Jenn's (my best friends from way back who live in New Jersey) and go to a morning session instead. After making a few wrong turns, we ended up safe at Ben and Jenn's home where we had a great time visiting with Shug (who's visiting from Alaska), Brittany-chan (who lives in the area while she attends Columbia University), and, of course, Ben and Jenn!

Saturday morning Ben, Jenn, Dave, and I went early to the temple and had a great experience being there together. It was so beautiful to go from the bustling streets of the city into the peacefulness of the temple.

Following the temple, we met up with Shug, Brittany, and Henry at the American Museum of Natural History. We toured the museum only for a little while, but all the exhibits we saw were fantastic! We then went to lunch at the most charming place called "Alice's Tea Cup." The food there was delicious and it was a fun atmosphere. Following lunch, Dave and I had to leave and head back home to New Haven.

Our trip was definitely quick but it was worth it to spend time with our wonderful friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I found your blog!! I'm so happy! Mine is iloveyoumorethanpizza.blogspot.com