Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Utah Trip


(Amy) We went to Utah March 6th through March 9th for a wonderful (but much too short!) visit home for Carrie's wedding to Charles Jones.








On Thursday Carrie, Emily, and I did a sister's bridal shoot with all of us in our wedding gowns and veils together. It was so fun to be done up as a bride again! I'm really excited to see how the pictures come out of us three together. After the photo session, we went back to my parent's home and were spoiled with a visit from Mom and Dad Choules who came up from Arizona for the weekend! Mom Choules presented Dave and me with two scrapbooks of our wedding that she has been working on for several weeks, they are absolutely beautiful and a real treasure.






Friday morning we had a wonderful breakfast at my parent's home. Mom and Dad Choules PLUS Coralee and Julie were able to join us during breakfast and it was great to see everyone. Dave and I have the BEST families ever and I told Dave that it was like heaven being with everyone. After breakfast, the Squires went bowling. I had my personal best score ever of 117! Dave did not too shabby at 177 (but not a personal best!). :) After bowling, we went out to eat at Cafe Rio. Oh how I have missed that delicious pork!
Friday evening, Matt, Dionne, and the boys arrived. We went on a walk with Willy around the neighborhood. My nephews just LOVE Dave and they had so much fun throwing snowballs at him and using him for a human jungle gym! We love our nephews!




Saturday before Carrie and Charles' wedding, Dave and I were able to do a session at the Bountiful Temple. What a rejuvenating and wonderful experience it always is to be in the temple! Carrie and Charles' sealing was beautiful, I felt strongly of our Heavenly Father's love for my sister and her now husband. Truly, our prayers are heard! Carrie was absolutely a radiant bride.






Dave and I went to Temple Square between the luncheon and the reception. We had so much fun seeing the tabernacle and going to the visitor's center. However, my feet were killing me from wearing horrible high heels all day! :)














Carrie's reception was at the Lion House and I enjoyed seeing so many people from my parent's ward. Everybody looked wonderful! Also, the Choules were able to come for a while and this time, in addition to Mom, Dad, Coralee, and Julie, Dan and Grandma and Grandpa Choules were there. I'm so glad we were able to see so much of both of our families while we were in Utah. Another treat was seeing an old friend, Jacob Priest, at the reception. He is a great guy and was in town for his spring break from Purdue University. One person who was not able to come for Carrie's wedding was my sister-in-law Rachel (Mark's wife) who is more than 7 months pregnant with twins. We all appreciated her sacrifice of letting Mark come while she stayed at home to take care of herself.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

OOh Simmons it has been way too long!!! I love blogs I can't believe how many of my old friends have them. You are such a beautiful woman!! I am so glad to see you so happy!! Keep up the blog because I will check it!!! It was so good to hear from you!!!

Matt and Jessica said...

I am so very sad that I couldn't make it to Carrie's reception and wasn't able to see you while your were in town! I had a babysitting commitment, and my services were definitely needed, but it doesn't do anything to ease my disappointment! I'm so glad you got to see Jacob though!

Mal said...

Carrie's married! Oh! Pass along my congratulations! And Mark and Rachel are having twins...wow, you're parents must be so stoked to see their kids all turning into grown ups like this. And I'm happy, too!

E n D said...

HOw fun! You'll have to post a picture of you and your sisters in your wedding dresses!

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

What a beautiful family! My brother got married in December and also had black and red...very classic! You are a beautiful bride also! How fun to get to be a bride "again"!