Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Shoe Story

(Amy)  Dave and I were on our way to an oh-so-needed  dinner date in downtown New Haven when I began to notice that my left shoe didn't feel quite right.  I continued walking but the further we went the more apparent it became that something was definitely wrong with my shoe.   I soldiered on until we were seated at our table at the restaurant where we finally were able to survey the damage.   We were both surprised to see that the sole of my shoe had literally split wide open! 



I have had these shoes for at least 7 years, I think I only paid $10 for them so I definitely got my money's worth out of them!  Actually, I wasn't too fond of them so I can't say I'm sorry to see them go!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, a shoe funeral. So sad! At least you weren't tooooo attached.

Jay and Emily said...

I remember those shoes, I thought they were cute! I would say you definitely got your money out of those.

JoDee said...

Wow! The tops look like they're in great condition for being that old. After a couple my heels are always lopsided...I'm impressed with your shoe-stretching skills!