Monday, May 31, 2010

Big Apple Birthday

As if we weren't spoiled enough with our trip to Jamaica, Julie (David's sister) and her husband Dan came for a visit last week. As luck would have it they were here for my 28th birthday and we partied like rock stars every day. :)

We went down to NYC on my birthday and started our adventures in Chinatown. We had a late lunch at Dumpling House, the same restaurant we discovered two years ago with David's family. They have delicious food and great prices!


From Chinatown we went to the Brooklyn Bridge. On the way we saw so many beautiful buildings, parks, and skyscrapers. Julie is an awesome photographer and took this neat picture (all of the pictures from this post are from her camera!).


We walked a portion of the bridge which is always very enjoyable. I like seeing people biking home from work (or at least that's what I assume they are doing) on the bridge; I am fascinated by the New York lifestyle.

We then went over to South Street Seaport with its fantastic view of the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. It was a cold, windy, rainy night so we headed back to our hotel after seeing this. Thank you Mom and Dad Choules for the night at the hotel, it was so nice! Back at the hotel we watched game #5 of the Suns-Lakers series, what a heartbreaker!

Friday morning we spent some quality time in Central Park. We took a ride on the carousel; it looks like Dan's horse took him for a particularly wild ride! :)

I loved seeing this big group of dogs being walked in the park. They were so cute and well-behaved. I am so excited to have a dog (or two or three) of my own someday!

Another beautiful photo taken by Julie in Central Park.

We walked through the park to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We got hot dogs from a vendor and enjoyed them on the steps of the museum. We went through the instruments collection and also the armor collection, both were so interesting. The old armor suits from the medieval days looked like they would just be horrible to wear!

Julie and I on the roof of the museum. Our husbands were real troopers to put up with us two pregnant ladies! Dan and David took great care of us!

After the museum, we had dinner at Chipotle near the Rockefeller Center (I love that place so much) and then had dessert at Junior's in Times Square. We had raspberry and carrot cake cheesecakes, they were divine!


To top off our trip to NYC, we saw Wicked on Broadway. It was everything I wanted it to be; the story was so clever, the singing and music just amazing, and the whole experience was fantastic. I knew I would love it but it made me so happy that David thoroughly enjoyed the musical as well. He thought the twist on the classic Wizard of Oz story was "genius."

4 comments:

Jay and Emily said...

I'm so jealous you went to Wicked! I have always been curious about China Town. You are starting to look pregnant!

Valerie said...

You trip to NYC and Jamaica look so fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful 28th birthday!!

Emily said...

What a great birthday celebration. One for the record-books, huh? I'm so excited that you guys are expecting!!!! I know, I know, it's been too long since I found time to blog-hop and catch up on my friends in Connecticut. But congrats from the Streeters!