Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Crazy/Wonderful Times

Two Fridays ago (April 30th), I was home alone while Dave was at a Boy Scout leadership training activity.  I had just come in from getting a Blizzard from Dairy Queen and was sitting on the couch with the TV on when SMASH, I heard a loud noise and glass was flying across the room.  I had no idea what had happened, but my first thought was that someone was shooting their gun into our apartment.  I covered my head with my arms and army-crawled into the kitchen with my cell phone where I called the police and left a message for Dave to come home!  The police said that they would come by to take a report.  When I felt sure that it was safe I went into our living room to investigate, someone had thrown a rock through our window! When David got home the police still had not come to take a report, so we called the police again to see if they were coming and were told that they were bombarded that night with calls.  It was the end of the semester at the local state university and I suspect some college-aged kids had perhaps gotten a little drunk and wild and thought that throwing rocks through windows would be something fun to do.  In the end the police never showed up, but fortunately we weren't hurt and none of our own property was damaged.   We're grateful that we were protected!
Here's the view of the window from outside.

A close-up of the shattered glass.

Here's the rock that was thrown in.  I just took this picture with the computer camera, sorry it's grainy! :)

Things have been pretty tame since that crazy night.  Yesterday we went to Boston to attend the temple.  The grounds were so beautiful with the flowers blooming.

We then went to the Boston Public Garden.  I loved these bushes that were groomed into swirly gumdrop shapes!

We took a ride on a Swan Boat, it was so relaxing and fun!

We spotted a turtle, several swans, ducks, and a bunch of sweet little ducklings in the water.  
We also walked around Beacon Hill which we just love.  We found a particularly fancy street with lots of luxury stores like Chanel, Armani, and Hermes.  The shop windows were all beautifully done.  We were intrigued by a children's clothing store called Jacadi Paris, we went in to discover tons of expensive, beautiful baby clothes.  The clothes were mostly a nautical theme, I'm going to be on the look-out for some knitting and sewing patterns to copy their style!  

Yesterday evening David was honored by the local scouting district for completing his Wood Badge program.  This represents a lot of work and David put in a ton of time to complete the requirements.

The taupe-colored kerchief is worn by scout leaders who have earned their Wood Badge.   I don't think the kerchief's color is very nice, but I'm sure proud of David for all of his hard work!

9 comments:

Charles and Carrie said...

Congratulations on your Wood Badge Dave! Amy - I'm so glad you didn't get hurt by that rock. It looks like you have had alot of fun in Boston!

Valerie said...

Oh my heck! That's crazy a rock was thrown into you window! What an adventure - you army crawling around! Your trip to Boston looks fun! We still haven't explored beyond the Temple!

DJ said...

That is so scarey about the rock. I can't believe the police never came. I am so glad you are ok.

E n D said...

WOw, that is so scary! I'm glad you weren't hurt! Congrats on having a boy! They are so much fun :)

Aubrey said...

LOVE this post. Scary about the rock though! Boston is so pretty.

Whitney said...

i love that you were army crawling through your house - okay totally freaky being home alone - but so brave amy, so brave :)

The Gublers said...

Shocked but doesn't surprise me that the police didn't come. They didn't come when we caught someone stealing bikes at our apartment. What is the point of policemen exactly?

Jay and Emily said...

That is awesome that Dave got his Wood Badge! You are amazing! Amy, you look soooo cute! I can't wait for even more of your baby bump to start showing. I also love your hair. I am glad you are safe after that rock incident. It reminds me of something that would have happened to us at our old apartment. :)

Lindsey said...

How scary! I'm so glad you're okay Amy!