Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Those Canaan Days

(Amy) Our two weeks with Mom, Dad, and Cor here seemed to fly by. Our last days with them were full of food, games, and sightseeing. I worked over the weekend and missed the family's outing to Yale and the Divinity School, I'll allow Dave to post about that when the mood strikes him.


  
   On Monday, Dave, Mom, Cor, and I (Dad returned to Arizona on Saturday) ventured to New Canaan to see the fancy homes and do some window shopping.  We found the shopping center of New Canaan to be delightful with so many stores to tempt us with their beautiful clothes, china, and antiques.








We also discovered there was no end to beautiful, upscale homes in the area.  We picked this home as our favorite!














I was pleased to find they had named one of the finest streets in the area in my honor! :)
















On our way home we stopped at Bill's Carousel in New Haven.  They serve 24 flavors of soft serve ice cream there!   Here Dave and I are pointing at our flavor choices, cheesecake and blackberry.







That soft serve ice cream was so good, I want to try all 24 flavors!  :)

It was so fun with Mom, Dad, and Cor here.  I can't believe how fast the time went with them here.  I'm already counting down to our next time together at Christmas!  Thanks for coming and I love you all!


No comments: