Friday, July 3, 2009

Dinner and a Show


We spent a fun night in East Haddam last night. We started with a wonderful dinner at the Gelston House. Since we ate there last summer with my mom and dad I've been wanting to go back for more! It was definitely as good as I remembered it being and I just love the view from the dining room of the Connecticut River.
We then saw 42nd Street at the Goodspeed Opera House. It was such a fun show, I was smiling the entire time. The dancing was incredible and the whole performance was spectacular!











In the late-1800s, actors and guests arrived at this dock as they came by steamboat to the Goodspeed. We love the Connecticut River Valley, it is one of our favorite places to visit!

5 comments:

Grannie said...

Sounds like a great evening!!

JoDee said...

Ooh I love this place! We did this last summer, minus the show. Its so beautiful there isn't it?

Marian said...

Just keep smiling Amy! Your smile always puts a smile on my face too!

Steve and Anne said...

How fun! Living on the east coast looks like a blast, so many fun things to see! I finally set up our own blog and have been discovering that we have a lot of friends out there in blogger world! check out ours at stevenandanneprince.blogspot.com

Amy said...

You guys do so many fun things!