Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just For Fun

Edy's ice cream brand (which is Dreyer's in the West) gave us something to smile about today. Their new flavor "Red, White & No More Blues!" is a yummy blend of strawberries and blueberries in vanilla ice cream and is meant to cheer us all through the recession. We found out that Edy's/Dreyer's also created the aptly named Rocky Road ice cream during the Great Depression "to give folks something to smile about." I definitely appreciate their effort to bring some fun to these more serious economic times plus the flavor is great to boot!

4 comments:

Dionne said...

That's a fun bit of trivia! I love all things red white and blue -- you can't go wrong there.

Jay and Emily said...

That's awesome! Jay is actually eating rocky road right now! We'll have to give that one a try. Love you!

Amy said...

We got that about a month or so ago - I was also interested in the "rocky road" tidbit! The kids mostly just loved how yummy it was. But we had an interesting discussion about the depression and the current recession, and poor Caleb got all worried and even started thanking Heavenly Father for Robert's job in a few prayers.

Jenn said...

You can bet we will support Edy's on this one. I'm always a fan of companies trying to spread cheer, especially when it relates to ice cream. Yum!