After church on Sunday we visited the Smith family farm which was beautiful.
We then had lunch with Dave's mission president and his wife who are currently serving a mission in Palmyra. It was fun to hear stories about David from his mission! After lunch, President and Sister Kinghorn had a shift at the Peter Whitmer Farm visitor's center. President Kinghorn gave us a tour of the visitor's center and the Whitmer farm.
At the Hill Cumorah. We set the camera up on the ground to take this picture, it turned out pretty well!
To top off our Sunday, we took a tour of the Smith family farm and briefly went into the Sacred Grove
Monday morning we did a session at the Palmyra Temple. I loved the trees in the stained-glass windows.
Afterwards we went to the Sacred Grove. We read all of Joseph Smith History together there, it was absolutely a highlight of my life to be in this most sacred place!
The Martin Harris farm was mortgaged in 1829 to fund the first publication of the Book of Mormon!
At the Grandin Bookstore where the first edition of the Book of Mormon was published.
The printing press.
David at the Grandin printing shop, it took over 2 years to produce the first 5,000 copies of the Book of Mormon!
This was such a wonderful trip!

8 comments:
I would love to go there in the fall! Beautiful pictures and a beautiful setting.
Sounds like such a perfect trip you guys! It's good that you could take advantage of a weekend where you didn't have to be at any youth activities or work stuff. A free weekend is a very rare thing for you two! Great that you got to meet up with Dave's old mission president. I'm sure they loved seeing you.
That is one of my most favorite places to visit!!! I'm so glad you got to go!
Every time I get on your blog you two are going to some amazing place doing such fun things! I love it.
Ooh! I love Palmyra in the fall! Those trees are so gorgeous. The Sacred Grove really is one of the most amazing places. And Niagara Falls would be fun in the fall too. It looks like you two took full advantage of Niagara and enjoyed it. The pictures make me want to get outside and drink in the last few weeks of fall!
Your trip sounds wonderful! The picture of the Smith family farm looks like it came out of a postcard. The trees are absolutely beautiful. I'm glad you were able to spend a fun weekend with Dave touring the Church history sites.
Wow! Beautiful. We went over Easter - there was evidence of bulbs just trying to push their way out of the ground, but that's it.
What a neat place to visit! I want to go there one day. Love you!
Post a Comment