Sunday, October 25, 2009

This Week's Favorites

Here's a smattering of what we've been up to and enjoying this week:

1.  Selling my nursing textbooks on amazon.com.  It is so satisfying to bid good riddance to some of the textbooks that I was enslaved to over the last few years (and to get a little bit of the money we spent on them back)!  :)



2.  Finishing this little cardigan for longtime friend's baby girl.  It is the same pattern as the pink one I finished in September.  I love this pattern, it is a lot of fun to do!


3.  Completing my 3-month nursing orientation to the cardiology floor.  I've actually worked two weeks independently now and have already had a few harrowing experiences with my patients.  Nursing is not for the faint of heart!  

4.  Dave surviving another weekend camping trip with the Boy Scouts.  It was a wet and cold weekend to be outdoors and they saw a huge bear near their campsite!

Dave and Dave Peterson trying to stay dry and warm

5.  Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  We had some chocolate-covered mango and split a cookies 'n' cream caramel apple.  Delicious!


6.  Getting in the Halloween spirit reading Washington Irving's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" to each other.  I loved Irving's descriptions, it was an exciting short story.  

A bone-chilling excerpt:
"In the dark shadow of the grove, on the margin of the brook, he beheld something huge, misshapen, black and towering.  It stirred not, but seemed gathered up in the gloom, like some gigantic monster ready to spring upon the traveller."

7 comments:

Kristie said...

Obsessed with the cardigan.

Charles and Carrie said...

It looks like you had a fun week! The cardigan is adorable, the campout looks like it was quite cold and the caramel apple sounds delicious!

The Luft Family said...

Wow Amy! I'm so impressed with the cardigan. You have so many talents!

Jay and Emily said...

Mmm... I want a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate now! They sure are good! The sweater turned out great! That's crazy Dave saw a bear.

Prax Family said...

It sounds like nursing is going well, I'm impressed with your cardigan too! Go Amy!

Matt and Jessica said...

Are you accepting knitting requests yet? I realy want one of those apples!

Amy said...

What a fun, busy week.

BTW, I'm still more than in love with the sweater!! You're awesome.

No, I didn't make the blessing dress - Mom bought it before I was married for my little girl(s).