Thursday, January 21, 2010

Home For The Holiday

We were able to go home to Utah for a wonderful visit December 30th through January 9th. I hadn't been back to my parent's home since our whirlwind visit in March 2008 for Carrie's wedding, so I was beyond excited for our trip!

Mom and Dad left all the Christmas decorations up for us and it looked beautiful. Their home is just perfect in my eyes, I love the feeling there. We loved spending time with family from both sides and made lots of visits during our brief stay:

Dan and Julie hosted Michael, Dave, and I for a delicious breakfast and then we played games until the afternoon. The time went by so fast and we had so much fun being together!

A reunion with some best friends; just like the old days, we still get a little crazy when we are together. I'm sure lucky to have this bunch (and so many other wonderful friends) in my life! There were a lot more friends we would have loved to have seen but our time went so quickly!

We rode the Front Runner to Salt Lake City and were very impressed with the smooth ride, how exciting for Utah to have a commuter train!

We visited Dad at work and got yummy lunch in SLC together. Thanks Dad!

We loved visiting with Grandpa and Grandma in their home, we enjoyed the many wonderful stories from their years of serving for the Church in Europe.

BYU is a wonderful place and it was so fun to visit with Michael and walk around the campus.

We did a session at the Salt Lake temple on a cold night, I was eager to get this picture taken and then get inside! :)

Mom, Dad, Jay, Em, and us at Jay and Em's place for a delicious lasagna dinner made by Mom.

Me and Emily with the sweater I knit for her baby boy. We were so confident that Em would have her baby while we were in town, but the little guy was not in a cooperative mood.


But the cute little guy arrived safe and sound a few days after we got home to Connecticut, we just love this sweet little baby! Welcome Carter!


8 comments:

Dionne said...

Those are fun pictures Amy. We especially loved looking at the one with Grandpa in his office. I thought it was fun that he has a picture of all of his girls. Sweet Dad!

Katie said...

I was wondering where you'd been. I'm glad you had a fun trip. Can't wait to see you!

Jessica said...

How fun you got to visit home. I want to go home! I haven't been home since 2007 :( But that darn Carter is adorable. Too bad Emily was too snuggly warm for him and he just decided to pass up a cuddle from you but I know you'll get one soon enough!!!

Paul and Shug said...

Oh Squires-chan. Your trip made me so jealous for my home and I wish Paul and I could have been on the couch with the rest of you. You all must come here. You must. It's the best!

Jay and Emily said...

I love that picture of dad! He is so cute! I hate that one of me and you with the sweater -- I look so weird!! It was so great to have you home! I hope you guys can come out for another visit soon. Maybe we will be able to come visit you guys.

Amy said...

What a fun trip and what a beautiful baby! Mine is sure growing up too fast!

Ben and Chennelle said...

It's so good to see how you are doing! I'm so glad to see you both are doing wonderfully!

Tammy said...

The little sweater looks so cute! I'm still so impressed with your new knitting skills! Glad you were able to go home for a visit. Looks like fun.