Sunday, December 12, 2010

Utah Thanksgiving

Dave, Josh, and I were able to go home to Utah over Thanksgiving; we had a fantastic holiday! Josh was wonderful on the long flight home, thank heavens!

It was fun being home with so much family. We spent a fun afternoon at the Children's Museum at the Gateway. Carter loved the slide!

Ryan and Carter enjoying the water play area.


Cute Em and Carter.


Josh spent the time hanging out with me and my dad in a cozy corner of the museum!


After the museum, we got lunch at the food court. Josh looked so cute bundled up in his coat and winter hat! He was tired!

The whole gang at lunch.

It was nice getting to be together in Mom and Dad's home. We loved introducing Josh to his cousins.




Russell and Ryan loved having stories read to them by their Dad.




Wednesday evening we had Josh blessed at my parent's home. His blessing outfit was bought by his great-grandparents in Germany in the 1980s while they were serving as members of the area presidency for the Church. Josh was so handsome in it (but he wasn't in a very good mood that night!). :)



The Squires family at Josh's blessing.

The Choules family at the blessing.


A four-generation picture of Josh with his dad, grandpa, and great-grandpa.



Our Thanksgiving dinner was fabulous, Mom you are a wonder woman! Here's one side of the table at the dinner.


And here's the other side of the table during the fabulous feast!

Josh was down for the count during the meal, I love when he falls asleep with his arms behind his head like that!



Dave and my siblings all headed back to their homes that weekend, but Josh and I stayed a few more days to enjoy being with family. Josh loved spending time with his Grandpa.

And he loved being with his grandma too!


I love the peaceful views and quiet at my parent's home, so different from the busy street Dave and I live on in New Haven!! :)

Happy babies and happy grandparents!

We set up and decorated Mom and Dad's tree. Carter wanted to contribute and stuck one of his red balls in the tree! Carter is so cute!


Josh was mesmerized by the lights on the tree!
The decorated tree, it is so beautiful!


Carter and I played a couple of Christmas tunes on the piano to ring in the Christmas season.

Mom and Dad sure spoiled us while we were home!  We had food from all of my favorite restaurants:  Cafe Rio, Noodles, the Mandarin...Mom even got chocolate-covered cinnamon bears for me!  We also drove to see the lights at Layton City Park.  It looked beautiful.  We loved our time at home, it really was the best to be with my family for so long.  Thanks for taking such great care of us while we were at home Mom and Dad!  We love you so much!

Here's a great video of Josh giggling with his Uncle Jay!  This was his first really great laugh, I'm glad I had the video camera handy!

5 comments:

Jay and Emily said...

Watching that video of Josh laughing just warms my heart! I miss you guys so much! You are such an awesome sister and I had so much fun with you. I love Josh and Dave so much too! We seriously had a blast with everyone here. I can't wait for our next family get-together!

Diane said...

Your little guy is getting so big! Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed looking back on the pictures of our time together. Thanks for making the trip to see us. It was so great to be together.

Tammy said...

OK. When I first looked at your blog I was so confused by that first picture. I thought that Josh had suddenly gotten so big I didn't even recognize him! Then I realized that it was your nephew Carter. That video of Josh laughing is so so sweet!

Glad that you could have so much family there for the blessing! Miss you guys. The 23rd party wasn't the same without you. See you soon.

Jessica said...

Oh how fun all the family was able to go to the blessing :) That's really wonderful. And that you also had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love going to your family's house for Thanksgiving!