Sunday, January 30, 2011

Savior Redeemer of My Soul

I am so grateful for the Gospel! Today was such an uplifting day at church. This rendition of hymn #112 was performed by our dear friend Tammy and accompanied by our new friend Jeff on the piano. The Savior has made possible for us the gift of redemption in the life to come. What could we possibly do to repay this blessing? We must be forever in his debt, since it is not in our power to do or say anything that even comes close to repayment. In this hymn, we promise to do all that is in our power: we can love the Lord, we can love and proclaim his word, and we can serve him and live in harmony with his will.

Read the words below as you listen to this version of the arrangement I found on youtube. Our Savior and His Gospel bring me such peace and happiness!



Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow’r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.

Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will.

O’errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
Chasten my soul till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee.
Make me more worthy of thy love,
And fit me for the life above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, Amy and Dave. Thanks for sharing it. I'm so glad you have such a firm testimony. We love you!!!

Jay and Emily said...

Those are beautiful words. It was very nice to read those. I love you guys!