Monday, January 17, 2011

Off With A Bang

Well, 2011 has already been an exciting year for us!  When we got home from our Arizona Christmas visit Dave discovered that someone had attempted to hot wire the Eclipse while we were away.  Luckily they weren't successful in stealing the car, but they did do quite a bit of damage to the steering column as seen below:
 We had the poor Eclipse towed and repaired and we are happy to report it has lived to drive another day (and hopefully another couple years!).  We have had quite a bit of bad luck with hoodlums while we lived here.  From a rock being thrown in our window last April to a presumably drunk person totaling our car while it was parked in the street in early 2008!

I also returned to work part-time.  I work two 12-hour nightshifts a week as a cardiology nurse on the same unit I worked before Josh was born.  Dave stays home with Josh and gets up throughout the night to give him a bottle.  We have survived three weeks of this arrangement and think it will work for our family for the time being.  I love my coworkers, find my job very fulfilling, and am grateful to have a skill that allows me to support our family while Dave is in school.

  
Last week we were hit with the big snowstorm that wreaked havoc across the Northeast.  New Haven reported 19 inches of the white stuff.  It was beautiful!


Josh is starting to sit up with some assistance from his Bumbo chair.  He also loves to stand up with Dave's or my help.  He drools a lot and loves to suck on his hands and fingers, he tries to bring his toys to his mouth now too!  

He was too cute in this little outfit that says "Thank Heaven For Little Boys" on the front!




8 comments:

Tammy said...

Ahhh! I'm so sorry that someone tried to steal your car!!!! What an annoying thing to find after a long day of travel!
We love that little Josh so very much! Such cute pictures.

Our Family said...

He is so cute. I can't believe he's getting so big.

Marian said...

I'm so glad the thieves weren't successful! I love Josh's last face...babies faces are truly incredible to watch, and it's fun to catch it on camera!

Jessica said...

Amy! Hello! I'm finally commenting again! he he. I have to say that last picture on this post of Josh is ADORABLE. Seriously. So so cute. He really is such a handsome baby. He sure gets it from his parents! And I'm so so sorry about your car. I can't believe that people really are that selfish and awful. I'm glad your car is still able to run.

Jay and Emily said...

haha! I love the last picture of Josh! He is so stinkin cute! I am glad you were able to fix your car. Those kinds of things are always hard. It sounds like you working is going great!

Anonymous said...

I also loved the last picture of Josh. He's so cute. I'm glad the work situation is so far working out. The snow looked so pretty.

DJ said...

You have such a darling little boy, Amy. I too am glad they didn't get away with your car.

Charles and Carrie said...

This is Charles! I love the last picture of Josh! It was great. Did you check his diaper afterwards???