Day 5 we headed to Tunnels Beach to do some snorkeling.
David and I saw a couple of turtles and a bunch of fish while we were snorkeling (Mom and Dad were watching Josh at the beach).
David and Josh walking on the beach.
Love that beautiful, clear water!
In the afternoon we went shopping at a fun market. We bought Josh this too cute little Hawaiian outfit!
Day 6 we went on a hike to Hankapi'ai Falls. I was pretty doubtful that David, Josh and I would actually be able to get to the waterfalls--the trail was pretty difficult at spots and the falls were 4-miles from the trailhead. I took my turn carrying Josh at the beginning of the hike.
The views from the top of the trail were amazing!
David carried Josh pretty much the entire way to the falls (I only had him for a 1/4 mile at the most!).
We made it! Hanakapi'ai Falls.
Dad, David, Kim, and Michael took a swim in the cool pool at the base of the falls. Mom, Josh, and I were happy to just watch! :)
Michael carried Josh on the hike out. I think this is a good look for him! ;)
Josh was so good on the hike and tolerated being in the Baby Bjorn so well!
The falls stream down to Hanakapi'ai Beach which is really scenic and enclosed. The surf breaks right on the beach so it is really dangerous and you are not supposed to swim there. (When I went to Hawaii with my family in 1997 we went swimming here and I remember getting SLAMMED into the sand when I tried body surfing. We hadn't noticed all of the signs warning us to stay out of the ocean!) :)
In the evening David and I went out to eat at the Makana Terrace at Saint Regis Resort to celebrate our 4th Anniversary. The restaurant is on a deck overlooking Hanalei Bay, the view was just awesome!
After dinner we walked around inside the resort listening to some live piano music. It was a fabulous date!

3 comments:
It looks like such a fun trip!!! I can't believe Josh made it all the way to the falls. I remember playing on those big rocks by Hanakapi'ai Beach. I was probably too scared to get in the water because I don't remember getting slammed into the sand. I just remember no one else was swimming there and we thought it was just our lucky day to have the beach to ourselves! Good memories! Anyway, I love you guys so much. Keep the updates coming. I love all the pictures.
Squires-chan! I just met Dave's little sister, Coralee, last night. We talked about you for a while and it made me miss you! Your family is adorable and I'm glad you're so happy. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Oh, I'm logged in with my teacher's account :) This is Brittany Atkinson!
Post a Comment