The rest of January went like this:
We got the New Year off to a great start with a brief visit from some of our best friends the Iversons! It was so fun showing them around our new home. Too bad it was the coldest and windiest day by far of this otherwise mild winter! We toughed it out and took in the sites around the art museum.
Later that week we went to see the Liberty Bell. It was a slow morning at the historic sites and we had the bell all to ourselves for a couple of minutes! I had only seen the Liberty Bell from the street through the windows before; being so close to this great symbol of our nation and freedom was really stirring! It is beautiful and seeing it in person meant more to me than I thought it would.
Josh didn't seem too impressed. :)
Cutie.
Me and Josh in front of Carpenter's Hall where the First Continental Congress was hosted in 1774. Once again, Josh was unimpressed!
Dave started up his second semester at the law school on January 9th. Josh loves giving his Dad a hand with his schoolwork!
We had some great weather this month--many days it was in the upper-50s and sunny. We've been so spoiled this winter and have had a lot of playtime at the park!
On colder days we had fun playing inside too!
Josh was putting some of his toys in our clothes hamper while it was laying on its side. He crawled inside the hamper to retrieve his toys and was a bit distraught when he thought he was stuck in there!





3 comments:
The picture of Josh is the swing is the CUTEST! I still can't believe how white his hair is. I hope it stays that way forever!
I love that you took a picture of your distraught kid before freeing him.
I think you guys are doing a good job of starting to convince me that Philly is a great place to live. It seems like there are a lot of beautiful places and fun things to do. I'll be interested to hear more about how you think it compares to New Haven, Boston, etc. You guys live in such a neat location. We can't wait to visit again and see MORE!
Post a Comment