Monday, January 7, 2008

Special Plate, Special Day, Special Lady!!!

(David) Fortunately for you readers, Amy has really been in the driver's seat for the editing, writing, and photography of our blog. However, I could not pass up the opportunity to share appropriate approbation for my very best friend. Amy and I have been eagerly anticipating hearing back from the only nursing school that she attempted to transfer into, and the pleasant phone call came to Amy on Monday. For me, I knew that as long as there was only one opening in the nursing program at the college, Amy would have a great chance of getting in. Admitting to a pinch of bias at the qualifications of my amazing wife, can anyone think of someone more deserving?
So, Amy has now been accepted into two separate nursing programs (UVSC and now Gateway Community College), which, considering the competitiveness, is quite laudatory. We have been so blessed with how pieces have come together here in New Haven. Amy got her dream job at the hospital, which is also the most locationally convenient thinkable, she loves her co-workers, and now her semester at UVSC will not need to be repeated. The nursing program at Gateway has a four-semester length, so her anticipated graduation will be June of 2009.
For celebration, after using the 'You are Special' plate, we headed to one of Amy's favorite places in the area, Coldstone Creamery. Amy got her usual Mint Oreo Shake, I had a Strawberry Cheesecake Shake, and thousands of calories later we were as happy as could be!

2 comments:

tysqui said...

Congratulations Amy! That's pretty darn exciting. School is fun, right?

JoDee said...

Amy - this is JoDee ... got here from Jenn's page. Anyway: congrats! That's so great. I love the "you are special" plate too.