Friday, February 8, 2008

Our First Haircut

(Amy) Dave's hair has been badly in need of a cut for some time now. Back in December, we purchased a hair clipper set. I have been putting off using it due to my own apprehension over cutting Dave's hair, but Dave has endured daily criticism from his first-graders over his "messed up" hair for some time! Dave's hypersensitivity to the incessant critiques from his students caused me to finally break down and give him a desperately needed trim tonight! I think it turned out just fine considering it was my first time ever cutting someone's hair. Hopefully my haircutting skills will improve from here, thankfully Dave is so easy-going about these things he's content to allow me to learn on him!
Here's the old Dave:













Here's the new and improved Dave:

What a handsome husband I have!

4 comments:

Bri and Britt said...

It turned out great! good job! I always cut Brian's and it really does get easier each time, and I would like to say that I have it down to a system these days. Now I am even brave enough to cut my little wiggley toddlers hair. Don't give up!

E n D said...

Good job Amy! The haircut looks professional! Maybe all that time living with Sarah and Amy rubbed off on you! I was scared to cut Dave's hair the first time, but it's not that bad. Now I just buzz it all off so it's super easy!

Mal said...

Kudos! I trimmed my own bangs just this morning, but I've never trimmed somebody's whole head before! Looks like you did a great job!

JoDee said...

Amy you did great! I am very impressed. We bought a kit 3 or 4 years ago but still I haven't dared to use it on Brandon - and he hasn't dared for me to try! :)