Saturday, June 14, 2008

Great Day




















(Amy) We have had a fun-filled day today! We started off on bike at 8:30 AM for Lighthouse Point Park; it was our longest ride to date and it was great but also treacherous as I crashed my bike when I tried to go over a slight curb! I ended up with a scraped chin and knee and a jammed finger (ouch!), but I felt just fine to continue to our destination: the beach! We got to the beach around 9:15 AM and the temperature was perfect for laying out and watching the water. Dave was particularly brave and decided to swim in the cold ocean! It was so fun to see so many families and young people at the beach enjoying the beautiful morning together.





















This afternoon, we went to Bishop's Orchards in Guilford for "Pick Your Own" strawberries. We picked just over 3 pounds in a relatively short time, the bushes were brimming with beautiful berries! :)


Tonight was the Teach For America end of year celebration, I can hardly believe that Dave has almost completed his first year of teaching. It's been a very rewarding and challenging experience. It was great to hear the experiences of Dave's fellow TFA teachers, they all have worked so hard to improve the education standards for underprivileged children. I'm so proud of Dave for choosing to become involved with Teach For America, it's been an incredible experience thus far!

1 comment:

JoDee said...

Oh wow! Amy this whole day just looks like so much fun. It makes me so excited to get out there. You guys will have to show us the ropes of all the neat things to see and do ... that are cheap of course! :) Can't wait to see you!