Monday, September 8, 2008

Back to School


(Amy)  Dave and I are back in school mode.   Dave's first day of teaching third grade was on Thursday. It seems your second year of teaching is a lot less nerve-racking than your first and Dave has felt a lot less anxiety and worry starting with his class this year.
Dave also is continuing to work on his Master's degree at the Divinity School, he is taking a class on Evangelicalism this semester and he's excited for what he'll learn there.  As always Dave is incredibly busy, I don't know how he manages to get everything done!









My final year of nursing school started up last Tuesday.  We had our first evening of clinical on Thursday.  We are learning a lot of fantastic stuff this semester including cardiology, respiratory, and endocrinology issues.   

I'm sure you are all impressed with my school's fashionable attire.  White tapered pants and white shoes are going to be huge this season!  :)








And...just to make you all even more jealous of my beautiful clinical attire, here is my complete uniform.  My lab coat is a wee bit big, but we got it for free (and the rest of my uniform) from the students who had graduated and donated their uniforms the year before.  I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to hold on to these beautiful wardrobe staples?!  :)




I was trying to evince the seriousness of my attire and the noble duty of the nursing student in this picture; however, the outcome looks more like a potential mug shot!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is so awesome that you are almost done!! Hopefully this last year will go by fast!!

Jessica said...

You look very cute and professional! ha ha. Congratulations on your last year of nursing school. It will go by so fast. And teaching 3rd grade sounds exciting. I hope he likes his class!

Prax Family said...

I think you look very cute Amy! Perfect for all kinds of bodily fluids to land on you! :) My sis is a nurse and the stories she tells! Congrats on your last year!

E n D said...

I can see white nurse shoes being popular this fall :)

Jenn said...

The outfit couldn't be better! I'm excited for you to finish up your schooling. My appreciation for the nursing profession has been renewed this week, as I have absolutely loved all of my nurses in the hospital. Each one of them had something unique to contribute to my experience. What a noble profession!