(Amy) Over the year I've been collecting coins off the street and whatever spare change we receive in a glass jar we've kept on our dresser. My dream was to turn the change in at a Coinstar machine when the jar was full and have that money be purely for fun. Well, the fateful night was tonight. We excitedly dumped our change into the machine and the grand total came out to be $34.38 (made up from 71 quarters, 100 dimes, 69 nickels, and 318 pennies)! We opted to have the machine give us an eCertificate to amazon.com so that the coin counting would be free of charge. We're excited to pick out some new dvd's, cd's, or whatever strikes our fancy!
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
LUCKY!!! We've got a jar of coins going but Wade thinks that it's a waste of energy picking up pennies and nickels. I'm going to start looking now. I hope you get something exciting off of amazon!
Sweet idea! I'm impressed with how much that was, I'm gonna take loose change in Emma's piggy bank and see how much it is. Wahoo!
Oh we need to do this! We've got 2 cups of coins we've carred with us with all our moves...Sweet!! Let's get together next week ok? We move in Friday..only 2 more days, YAAAYYY!!!
Post a Comment