Ingredients
1 (15 oz) can chili with beans and meat (1.39)
1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, with liquid (.39)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, with liquid (.69)
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce (.23)
1 (15 oz) can black beans, with liquid (.66)
1 1/2 to 3 tbsp. dry taco seasoning mix (.29)
Combine all ingredients in greased 3 1/2 to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.
So for a total cost of $3.65 (there is no tax on food in Connecticut), we typically get at least one dinner and two lunches for both of us out of one batch of soup. We usually eat it with some tortilla chips, it's yummy!
Oh, and I must mention our beloved Price Rite grocery store here. We love shopping there, their prices are so low and all of their products that we've tried have been great!

2 comments:
That looks really good! I'm going to have to try it. And it's awesome when you can make something for such a bargain. yeehaw!
I love this recipe (we have one that's almost exactly the same)! It is so easy and yummy and cheap. I must say I'm envious of your Price Right -- we have nothing like that here! Also, I love the pictures of your fun orchard day. It looks like a gorgeous and elegant place!
Post a Comment