Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pinning Ceremony

(Amy) On Wednesday (May 20th) my nursing program had its pinning ceremony.  A pinning ceremony is a symbolic welcoming of newly-graduated nurses into the nursing profession.  It was a really nice evening and I felt so proud of myself and my classmates for surviving nursing school.  My parents were able to come from Utah for the ceremony and it meant a lot to me to have them there!
Sue was my clinical instructor this last semester.  I admire her so much and hope to be half the nurse that she is!  She is a wonderful educator and I'm so grateful to her.
Reciting the nurse's pledge with my classmates.  
Dave was my unfailing support throughout nursing school, I couldn't have done it without him!
I felt like the luckiest girl to have my parents there that night!  Thanks so much for making the trip Mom and Dad!

7 comments:

Jay and Emily said...

Congratulations Amy! I am so happy mom and dad were there. I can't wait to see you!

DJ said...

Way to go Amy! That is so awesome!!

Jessica said...

Amy, that is just awesome about your ceremony! Congratulations! I'm glad your parents were able to be there. I love the picture of you three together.

Paul and Shug said...

Oh Squires-chan! You're a medical professional! Someday we'll talk about the respect I have for nurses and the important work they do. I know of no profession that compares. What's the nurses' pledge say?

Jenn said...

We're so proud of you, Amy! You have worked so hard for this. What an accomplishment!

We loved the Cliff Walk and the mansions when we went there a few years ago. So neat! We also toured Rosecliff and watched The Great Gatsby shortly after. It's a great movie (and book). Wouldn't recommend 27 Dresses. I was forced into watching that once, and it was quite the disappointment.

Marian said...

Congrats Amy! Can you believe we're actually out of scool, finally!

Charles and Carrie said...

Congratulations Amy! Your graduation is a great accomplishment. I love your new haircut. I can't wait to see you in person soon!