Saturday, December 5, 2009

Merry and Bright

We fully feel the Christmas spirit following this weekend of holiday activities.

Friday night we went downtown to enjoy some of the sites:
The gingerbread house is modeled after the Yale Repertory Theatre, so cute!

Look how beautiful the tree on the Green is. We love New Haven!

We had a piece of Lithuanian coffee cake from Claire's Corner Copia. We had read in several local magazines that this coffee cake was the best and it lived up to the reviews! Yum!

Today we decorated our tree, watched It's A Wonderful Life, and sang in our stake's Christmas concert. To top the weekend off, we had our first real snowfall of the season tonight!
Happy Christmas!

8 comments:

Jay and Emily said...

The coffee cakes sounds amazing! Your tree is really pretty. I can't wait to see you guys!! Love you!

Jenn said...

So magical! I'm glad you're taking time to find the magic in this time of year. We need to do more of that.

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

How fun! Your tree looks beautiful! We miss New Haven....Justin misses Claire's too!

Marian said...

Merry Christmas! It's such a fun season with so many fun things to do. Your tree looks so beautiful!

Tammy said...

Amy! Is that really your tree?? It's so beautiful! Did you reorganize your living room to make room? I can't wait to see it in real life. I love Christmas!

Prax Family said...

I love that you two explore your surroundings especially during the holidays! I need to follow your example!

Paul and Shug said...

I was going to say Magical before I even saw that's what Griff wrote. Positively Magical. Christmas AND my birthday in the same week! Can you imagine my glee! I've taken today and yesterday off of work, purely to work on Christmas presents. I'm having a blast and watching old christmas cartoons on you tube.

JoDee said...

Amy your tree is GORGEOUS! I think we're hitting the town tonight to take in the festivities. We may have to stop by Claires too.