Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with my oldest brother Matt and his great family in Massachusetts.  It was so wonderful to spend the holiday with family!

Dionne's family has a tradition of celebrating "Pie Night" the eve of Thanksgiving, Dave and I were more than happy to participate in the festivities of eating a delicious variety of pie! We brought a yummy pumpkin swirl cheesecake but there also was pecan, apple, chocolate, pumpkin, and cherry pie (and a few I can't remember!).

Thanksgiving Day was a ton of fun.  We played in the boys' tree house, played piano, ate an amazing Thanksgiving dinner, and played a great round of Scrabble. 

Friday morning Dave and I watched the boys while Matt and Dionne braved the Black Friday crowds to do some Christmas shopping.  Here are all the boys piled on their parents' bed watching cartoons.


Trey pulled out his fun magnet kit and taught us about compasses before Dave and I had to head back home. Thanks for having us in your home Matt and Dionne, we had a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Jay and Emily said...

The pies looks DELICIOUS! I have made the pumpkin swirl cheese cake and it is so yummy. That is so nice of you to babysit for Matt and Dionne. It looks like you, Dave and the boys had a great time!