The last of the month was quite enjoyable.
Josh attended his first sporting event--the New Haven Stake Young Men/Young Women's Basketball Tournament. We cheered for our New Haven Ward teams, but neither were victorious. The youth in our ward certainly win the trophy for being the most feisty/unruly in the stake though! :)
We were the lucky recipients of a BIG box of truffles from Utah Truffles. These chocolates are incredibly delicious. My favorites are the toffee truffle and the good 'ole fashioned milk chocolate truffle. David's favorites are the toffee and almond truffles. But, honestly, they are all divine. Treat yourself to some. today. seriously.
So, I was a really picky eater as a kid. Every meal was a battle. I would only willingly eat a couple of things...cereal, Spaghettio's, bread, and any dessert. My parents always said that I deserved to have a kid as picky as I was as punishment for what I put them through. :) It seems as though we may have dodged that bullet with Josh, he loves all the food that he has tried so far (okay, just baby cereal, carrots, and bananas). He loves eating carrots. It is fun feeding him, he opens his little mouth like a baby bird waiting for you to give him another spoonful. So cute! Tomorrow we're going to introduce him to strained peas, here's hoping the good eating continues!
One downer for the end of the month: the Corolla was sideswiped while it was parked in the street near the Divinity School during Dave's classes. The driver's side mirror was taken completely off and there were some minor scratches on the door and front bumper. Whoever hit the car didn't leave a note or anything. :( Thank heaven we have good auto insurance, I guess you need it when you live in New Haven!

4 comments:
That's great Josh will eat anything because it is frustrating when they are picky eaters. Oakley is a picky one and we have to come up with very creative ways to get him too eat.
PS I love Utah truffles too, but my favorite is the mint.
Don't worry -- there's still time for him to abandon all of his good eating habits and start only eating a few choice foods. :) Ellis ate every baby food, no problem, then added lots of healthy table foods before boycotting everything but the graham cracker food group! Of course, I don't wish this on you, but it was relieving for me to recall your childhood habits. Perhaps Ellis will eat more than just graham crackers and Greek yogurt when we send him off to college . . .
Josh is soo sweet and absolutely adorable! I have not been able to watch any of your other videos b/c our computer was so slow. We had to get a new one though so I was finally able to watch this one! I will have to go back and watch the others. You can totally tell that he loves those carots! I hope the good eating contiues. You really were a picky eater! I kind of forgot about that until now! I love you so much! I am sorry about your car. You guys have had some bad luck with cars while living in New Haven.
Josh sure loves his carrots - did you share your truffles with him!!!!
Post a Comment