This year was the most mild-weathered February I've ever experienced! We had a great month besides some sickness at the beginning of the month...
The first Sunday of the month Josh and I both woke up with pink eye! We were a nasty looking pair...or at least I was, Josh still managed to be cute! Josh didn't seem too bothered by it, but I just wanted to rub my itchy, irritated eyes so badly--it was awful! Look at that sad right eye...poor boy. :(
We both were better by the end of the week, and we all went out to explore the Rittenhouse section of the city. It is a beautiful part of the city. We loved this building which is home to a restaurant called The Dandelion.
This curbed Saint Bernard was so cute. So many people were taking pictures of him!
The Church of the Holy Trinity at Rittenhouse Square is lovely.
Rittenhouse Square is surrounded by upscale stores, fancy restaurants, and expensive hotels and high rises . So fun, charming, and classy! We love it.
Rittenhouse Square.
The flagship Anthropologie store is at Rittenhouse Square. It is in an old granite mansion that has a dome stained-glass ceiling (the above picture is my best attempt to photograph it). It was a really amazing store, and David even admitted to enjoying our time window shopping there! :)
Josh has become really attached to his little bear that his great-grandparents gave him for Christmas. He looks too cute when he sleeps holding on to his bear.
I made my first attempt to decorate sugar cookies with Royal Icing for Valentine's Day. It was fun!
Our Valentine's Day decor.
Josh was invited to a Valentine's Party. It was so fun to pick out his Valentine's Day cards and get everything ready.
Here's our little Valentine all ready to go to the party!
Josh with his basket of Valentine cards and cookies. :) We had a great time at the party, the little kids were so cute!
10 years ago this summer (!) I did a study abroad program in Japan. Aya was one of my TAs with the program. On our first Sunday here at church in Philadelphia we were so happy to recognize each other! Her husband is about to finish up his MBA at the Wharton School and has taken a job in Japan. Aya and her kids moved to Japan already to get their children started in school (the school year begins in March in Japan). It was so fun to have our lives cross paths here in Philadelphia for a little while!
We gave Josh his first haircut, he took it like a champ!
This picture makes me laugh. I'm not sure what he was upset about, but he is so cute even when he's unhappy!
The weather was seriously fabulous for February! Josh and I spent a lot of time outdoors. Here's Josh on one of our walks near the Art Museum.
Another fun picture looking out on the Schuylkill River and Water Works.
We LOVE having a membership at the Art Museum--it is such a great place to visit. Josh loves looking at the clocks in the Colonial furniture exhibit.
Another CLOCK!!! This little guy loves clocks! :)
I love this picture "The Life Line" by Winslow Homer. I am so captivated by this piece. Here's the description of it that the art museum provides:
Josh in front of the grand staircase inside the art museum. We practically had the place to ourselves on this particular visit!
Here's a couple more lovelies from the Impressionist galleries for your enjoyment:
Another nice day walking on the Schuylkill River Trail.
Josh out and about near the Art Museum.









4 comments:
We know Aya and Russell! They were in our ward here before they moved down to Philly to go to Wharton, and Russell was my home teaching companion. I hadn't heard that they were headed to Japan. If you happen to see either of them again, tell them hello from us!
How fun that Josh got to go to Valentines party! He sure looks handsome. :) Do you still think you might be spending some of the summer in Utah? It would be awesome!
1. I love your cookies! You'll have to teach me about Royal icing.
2. I love Aya! She bought us the cutest little Janie and Jack shoes when Ellis was born. I always think of her when I see them.
3. I LOVE that you are exploring Philly and showing us all the cool things to see there. Beautiful buildings! And having that art museum membership seems dreamy. Josh is going to be one cultured chap!
4. I agree that he is cute when he makes his angry face. I think it gives a foreshadowing of some of his future facial expressions. You get to see some personality early. So fun!
We can't wait to come out and see some of these beautiful places with you . . . . and especially to see the 3 of you!!
Post a Comment