
(Amy) It's no secret that I LOVE holidays! My entire life I've had difficulty falling and staying asleep on Christmas Eve and even just this last year my body woke up at 5:00 in the morning Christmas Day, I was too excited to wait any longer. So, it might seem like I'm jumping the gun a bit here, but I put up our Halloween/Autumn decorations yesterday. We don't have a lot of Halloween decorations so when I saw this
candy corn pot craft, I thought it would be something fun for Dave and me to do.
I think they turned out pretty cute, plus they were fun to make and easy.
Also, in the Halloween spirit I made some popcorn with chocolate and orange-colored white chocolate drizzled over it for a treat for the Young Men and Young Women mutual activity tonight. Spooktacular! :)
8 comments:
Amy, I completely relate over excitement w/the holidays. I put up my Halloween things three days ago...I love the candycorn pots. SO so cute.
I don't think it's toooooooo early! I remember decorating for Halloween one year in early September...it was the next holiday! Might as well get in the spirit! ha ha. You did a good job for the candy corn craft! besides, you'll be building your holiday supplies every year! I've got an easy FREE idea too. We put silhouettes in the windows...pick out (from clipart) some holiday shapes like a ghost, witch,etc. if you can get a projector and project the art (that you printed on projector clear plastic...)onto black paper. Then cut out and put in your windows! I hope that makes sense!
Your popcorn looks so cute! All of our decorations are still at mom and dads. I guess we'll have to get them this weekend. I can't wait for all of the holidays! Are you going to AZ for Christmas?
Thanks so much for the treats tonight! The popcorn was super delicious--it completely disappeared in about 3 seconds. We sure do miss you!
So so cute! I too love the holidays and Fall is my favorite time of year because of all the fun seasonal activities and holidays. Your pots are adorable - what a fun, affordable idea! And the popcorn looks delish.
okay so i'm still mesmerized at how you got dave to sit and do crafts with you?? no seriously did you have to brib him with the candy corn of what - definitely need that secret! :)
I'm so glad you get into the holidays too! Including halloween! I don't think I've ever bought buttermilk. I went to go buy some today for a special recipe, and All they had was a giant jug. I bought it anyway. Are you sharing the caesar salad recipe?
That is such a cute idea! This is the most fun time of year, so many holidays to celebrate. You may be my inspiration for doing somthing halloween crafty in the very near future!
Post a Comment